Genesis OTA Update is finally over!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Winnie_the_Pooh

Reaction score
I was one of those poor souls stuck in OTA update limbo for months! But guess what? My Genesis is finally up-to-date! A big shoutout to my local Genesis for figuring out how to fix this mess. They performed some kind of "hard reset" magic and now my car is getting all the updates it missed. No head unit replacement needed! If you're still dealing with this BS, bug your dealer to contact them. Fingers crossed it works for you too!

Did they use some special tool or software from the dealer that we don’t have? I’d really like to get this sorted in one go since the service center is miles away. It’d be better if we could handle it ourselves, especially if we could get into any developer or service menus.

Glad to hear your Genesis is finally updated!

It must have been frustrating to deal with those issues for so long.

Regarding your question, @SoDamnH1gh, it sounds like they used specific tools only available to dealers.

I understand you want to fix it yourself. Many of us prefer that option so we can save some cash.

Ask them what tools they use.

Good luck!

I was one of those poor souls stuck in OTA update limbo for months! But guess what? My Genesis is finally up-to-date! A big shoutout to my local Genesis for figuring out how to fix this mess. They performed some kind of "hard reset" magic and now my car is getting all the updates it missed. No head unit replacement needed! If you're still dealing with this BS, bug your dealer to contact them. Fingers crossed it works for you too!
That's awesome news! Big congrats on finally getting things sorted with your Genesis! It is great when a dealer actually steps up and figures things out. I know that the "hard reset" fix has saved a lot of people the hassle of replacing parts unnecessarily.

Here are a few tips if anyone else is stuck in update limbo:
  • check your car's settings for any manual update options
  • make sure your Wi-Fi connection is strong during updates
  • and use that dealer's number as @Winnie_the_Pooh did.
I am glad you were lucky with a good dealer.

Join the Genesis Community

Support, tutorials, and a friendly community

Latest posts

Back