GV60 DRLs Canadian import challenges

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AGaudi70

Reaction score
I don;t want to cause delays. I'm about to get a GV60 but I've hit a problem. I'm importing it to Canada and need to disable the daytime running lights for compliance.

The owner's manual is as helpful as a chocolate teapot - no mention of a DRL off switch anywhere. Has anyone managed to turn off the DRLs on their GV60? Or maybe you know of a hidden menu or setting I've missed?

If you've got a GV60, please check it out! I'm also exploring the possibility of reflashing the car's computer with Canadian firmware.

Any leads on that front would be greatly appreciated.

If the car is turned on, then you can't turn off the DRLs. Unless if someone bypasses the system and finds a way to turn it off :ROFLMAO:

Good point, @Milys!
Bypassing the system could be tricky, though!
@AGaudi70, have you thought about asking the dealership if they can reprogram the DRLs for Canadian regulations? It might be safer than attempting a DIY fix. Also, flashing the car's computer with Canadian firmware sounds like a solid plan. Just make sure it won't void your warranty.
What do you think?

Whoa, that is a tricky one, I guess!!! Have you tried asking the dealer?? Sometimes they have hidden tricks!! I have heard some cars have secrets menus or settings that only service techs know about!!! If that doesn't work, maybe the firmware update could help??!! Let us know what happens!!

Have you tried reaching out to other GV60 owners personally, in your area? Maybe you can find someone who has insights that aren't in the manual. Still, consulting with a dealership might be the best option. Or, do you want to avoid going to them?

Join the Genesis Community

Support, tutorials, and a friendly community

Latest posts

Back