Is the cost for maintenance fair?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fionageorge

Reaction score
Hello all

Thanks to everyone who helped me find a dealer at Wisconsin

I took my car for service today and and had the 20k miles maintenance done as well. The dealer suggested two additional services:

- Fuel Induction Service ($475): He recommended that for every 20,000 miles, direct-injection engines is needed to improve fuel economy and power by cleaning deposits from the injectors, fuel lines, and intake valves.

- Throttle Body Service ($399): He also recommended that for every 20,000 miles, I am to clean carbon buildup from the throttle plate, ensuring smooth airflow into the engine.

The total cost is around $1,100. Are these necessary, or is the dealer upselling?

Thanks for your advice!

To be honest both of the services would help maintain performance, mostly with direct-injection engines. But the prices... that is a bit high. I know these services aren't always a rush, so I would suggest checking your vehicle's owner's manual to see if these are recommended by the manufacturer. Hope it helps!

It is hard to say if these are necessary or not… I think it really depends on the status of the car and how it performs... But $1,100 does seem quite high... Maybe check with another dealer to get a second opinion… Better safe than sorry... I guess...

Yikes! That is a pretty big bill for just maintenance! 😬 I don't remember ever having paid that much. Honestly, I’d probably get a second opinion like others have mentioned. The services sound reasonable, but $1,100 feels more like a "dealer special" to me. 😂 I wouldn't rush if I were you.

Join the Genesis Community

Support, tutorials, and a friendly community

Latest posts

Back