New EGV70 speed issue

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AmalasanG

Reaction score
We have a new EGV70 and it's been nothing but trouble. The day after purchase, it wouldn't go faster than 40mph, even with my foot to the floor. I was getting the yellow circle with the turtle and a red box with a downward arrow. Then, it slowed down to a crawl, barely reaching 10mph. After a restart, it would speed up for a bit, then slow down again. It's incredibly dangerous, and I've already had to get it towed twice.

The dealer replaced the 12v battery, but the problem persists. In the first three weeks of ownership, I've only managed to put 10 miles on the same road. This is an expensive car, and I just want to be able to use it for transportation! I'm starting to think there's something seriously wrong with this vehicle.

There should be a way you can get it entirely replaced, it is still very much new and this is obviously a manufacturing problem. Have you confirmed if it is the same experience for most people?

Haha, that sounds super frustrating. I can't believe it is having all those issues right after you bought it. I would feel the same way. Definitely check out Lemon Laws as @mattward1979 said. It is just crazy to happen this only after 10 miles.
We have a new EGV70 and it's been nothing but trouble. The day after purchase, it wouldn't go faster than 40mph, even with my foot to the floor. I was getting the yellow circle with the turtle and a red box with a downward arrow. Then, it slowed down to a crawl, barely reaching 10mph. After a restart, it would speed up for a bit, then slow down again. It's incredibly dangerous, and I've already had to get it towed twice.

The dealer replaced the 12v battery, but the problem persists. In the first three weeks of ownership, I've only managed to put 10 miles on the same road. This is an expensive car, and I just want to be able to use it for transportation! I'm starting to think there's something seriously wrong with this vehicle.

Have you contacted the dealer again?

As a matter of fact, you are not the only one to face such situations.

Many new car owners face issues early on.

I think you should do a little push to the dealership to take the situation seriously.

Keep us updated.

Here is what you might consider doing:
  • Document everything about your car trouble.
  • Keep a record of all your communications with the dealer.
  • Look into the lemon laws in Illinois. They can really help.
I hope you find a solution soon.

Join the Genesis Community

Support, tutorials, and a friendly community

Latest posts

Back