Rear Doors Keep Locking on Their Own

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Midgetkiller

Reaction score
I'm having a bit of a headache with my car's rear doors. They keep locking themselves from the inside, even with the safety lock turned off. It’s a pain because I have to crawl into the front seat just to get out. Super inconvenient, especially for older folks. Has anyone else run into this problem or know what might be going on?

I'm having a bit of a headache with my car's rear doors. They keep locking themselves from the inside, even with the safety lock turned off. It’s a pain because I have to crawl into the front seat just to get out. Super inconvenient, especially for older folks. Has anyone else run into this problem or know what might be going on?
Just make sure to double-check if the safety lock is off. It seems that when you turn the car off, it might revert to its previous setting. Or it's possible you might have unintentionally activated it.

Just make sure to double-check if the safety lock is off. It seems that when you turn the car off, it might revert to its previous setting. Or it's possible you might have unintentionally activated it.
You got it! I checked it out when I started up the car after it had been chilling for a bit, and yep, it defaulted back to the old setting (Safety lock was back on). Totally my bad!

Join the Genesis Community

Support, tutorials, and a friendly community

Latest posts

Back