Rushed repair on seatbelt pretensioner recall

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jonan_Adley

Reaction score
I recently had my seatbelt pretensioner recall repair scheduled and requested a loaner car. To my surprise, they didn't have one available and told me the repair would take about 4 hours.

Then, they said they'd "rush it" and finish in an hour, claiming the tech could access the pretensioners without removing the seats.

I'm not sure if I should be concerned about this rushed job. Anyone have experience with seatbelt pretensioner recalls or know if this is a red flag?

I would be concerned. Jobs done in a rush don't always bring positive results. After all, we talk about a safety-related thing.
You can take these into consideration, so you can feel more positive about the situation. Ask them for more clarification about the procedure. Also, do you have any reviews about the place took the car for repairs? If you notice something wrong after the repair, don't hesitate to come back. Safety first.

Well said, @EvIslife15. That is totally something to be concerned about.

In my experience, seatbelt pre-tensioners are crucial for safety, and anything rushed can bring problems in the long term.

I recommend going to the service center and asking them for a more detailed explanation of how they want to repair the car. Maybe ask for documentation or even the service report.

You have the right to do so.

I recently had my seatbelt pretensioner recall repair scheduled and requested a loaner car. To my surprise, they didn't have one available and told me the repair would take about 4 hours.

Then, they said they'd "rush it" and finish in an hour, claiming the tech could access the pretensioners without removing the seats.

I'm not sure if I should be concerned about this rushed job. Anyone have experience with seatbelt pretensioner recalls or know if this is a red flag?
Just keep an eye on things when you get your car back.

🙄😐

It is always best to be cautious with anything related to safety. If the job was rushed, just double-check the work when you pick the car up. And maybe ask for specifics on how they "rushed" it. Also, get a second opinion if you are unsure.

Join the Genesis Community

Support, tutorials, and a friendly community

Latest posts

Back