Stuck in Comfort Mode after tune-up

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HansGunner85

Reaction score
I recently paid 15 thousand for my 2023 GV70 2.5T Sports Prestige. Except for a check engine light (CEL), which came on and vanished after a few days, everything seemed good. Inquiring about the gasoline I use, the dealership indicated it might have been a misfire. Since day one, I have always filled it with 93 octane; but, the mechanic mentioned the engine as being ""very sensitive."" Knowing people using 87/89 without any issues, I found myself perplexed.

Once the car was returned, it was driving rather nicely. But today the CEL returned and my drive modes stopped functioning. The cluster shifts, but the car seems locked in Comfort Mode. Usually in Sport+ mode, the seat support changes, throttle response is faster, and traction control turns off; now none of those things occurs. I also smelled something strange when I got home—kind of like something electrical had shorted. I'm not sure if the car or something else was the source since I couldn find it.

Could this be as basic as a blown fuse, or am I looking at an ECU-related more serious problem? For background, the car has 14,000 miles and I have just driven premium 93 octane since.

Since you have always used premium fuel, it is odd that the CEL is back. It could be a blown fuse, but given the strange smell and the drive modes not working, it might be worth getting a deeper diagnostic from your dealership. With the mileage you have, they should be able to help figure out if it is an ECU issue or something simpler. Keep us posted.

Hey, @HansGunner85! 🖐 That sounds really frustrating. You might want to check the fuses. An ECU diagnostic could help if you smell something strange. 🦓 Stick with premium fuel, but I would ask the mechanic about it. Also, see if the dealership can provide any check engine codes.

Thanks for sharing!
It is good to hear the car drives nicely most of the time. Regarding the issue - have you tried resetting the check engine light? Sometimes that can clear up minor issues. But visit the dealership if the drive modes are acting up again. Let us know how it works. I wish you the best.

Join the Genesis Community

Support, tutorials, and a friendly community

Latest posts

Back